Friday, November 23, 2007

Fun times in DE :)

Today was a day of visiting! I started the day by braving the mall with my good friend Alicen in search of some good Black Friday sales. The time spent waiting in line was perfect for catching up and we were able to pick up a few key items along the way! This afternoon I ventured down to Newark to hang out with Emily and Stacey (freshman/sophomore year college roommates) and their husbands (Matt and Pete). It was SO great catching up with them, and the time just flew by! Pete and Stacey are, Lord willing, moving to Harlington, TX in June for Pete to start his residency with the mission they volunteered in this past summer! Keep them in your prayers!

I'm sad that my time home was so short this trip--there were so many people I wanted to see, but I am thankful for the time I got to spend with my family, and can't wait to see everyone at Christmas!

Tonight we celebrated my younger sister's 20th birthday. Her actual birthday isn't until the 29th, but since Austin and family are going back to South Carolina on Sunday, and I'll be headed back to Louisville tomorrow, we decided to celebrate early. We ended up at TGI Fridays for dinner and then went back to mom's house for some cake and ice cream.

(Left) Me and my twinkie (twin brother), Andrew at dinner. He came to the rescue while I was home by lending me his car on several occasions to go visit friends. Thanks brudder!


(Right) Me, Mom, Jocelyn (my niece) and Nykiah (my sister-in-law) after eating some yummy cake.

The whole gang (below) minus Murray and Delaine. (Mom, Andrew, Austin, Adrienne, Jocelyn, Me, Nykiah and Justin) There's never a dull moment with the Hinksons!


Jocelyn and I had matching vests, so we made sure to get a few pictures together. She is growing up so fast!!


All in all, a great visit home. I can't wait to come back for Christmas!

No comments: