Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January Days...

It's been a rather eventful week in Fuller 025...My precious roommate, Anna, got the flu on Friday night and has been pretty much out of commission ever since. I've been germ-proofing the apartment, but I arrived at work on Monday morning and Alyssa (7) stayed home from school with, you guessed it, the flu. I had a flu shot this year, but at this point it will be a miracle if I don't end up with it. Good thing God is still in the miracle business!

Currently I'm working on three loads of laundry (let's just say I got a little behind...) I'm not sure if I should be more embarrassed that I let my laundry get that out of control, or that as a single girl, I am able to go for that long without running out of clothes to wear. Perhaps a Goodwill trip is in my future.

Two weeks left until the Spring Semester starts. I'm excited for classes to begin (I'm taking Personal Evangelism, The Ministry of Leadership, and Lifespan Development). I think it will be a great semester, and, in honor of new years resolutions--I've already done some of the reading for my classes. Lookout 2008, I'm getting on top of things!

If you have the chance, please pray for my new friend Corina. Corina is 31 years old and is the daughter of a man named James who is in my care group at church. James' testimony is really amazing (aren't they all, though?), and while he just became a believer a few short months ago, his faith has grown exponentially. James was just sentenced to 3 years in prison at the beginning of January (for charges that were brought against him before his conversion), and his greatest concern and desire is for his daughter Corina to be exposed to the gospel, and ultimately, to accept Jesus as her Lord and Savior. Corina moved to Louisville about a month ago and is currently in a drug/alcohol halfway house. I had the privilege of picking her up for church this past Sunday, and on our way home after church I was able to share the gospel with her, and encouraged her to begin reading the Book of John. Please pray that Corina would be changed by the truth of the Gospel and that she would come to believe Jesus as her Lord. Also pray for those of us who are beginning relationships with her--that we would be bold in our witness and not shy about the truth of the Gospel. It's so humbling how God uses us, imperfect as we are, in building His kingdom and bringing Light into the darkness of the world!

No comments: