Thursday, March 20, 2008

Good Friday Verses/Hymn

"What can wash away my sin?
NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS!
What can make me whole again?
NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS!

oh, precious is the flow
that makes me white as snow!
No other fount I know,
NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS!"
(Hymn: What Can Wash Away My Sin?)

"Come now, let us reason together. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow. Though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool!" Isaiah 1:12

"Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe.
Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow!
...O praise the One who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead!"
(Hymn: Jesus Paid it All)

"He was pierced for our transgression, he was crushed for our iniquities. The punishment that brought us peace was upon him; and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

"My sin, o the bliss, of this glorious thought:
My sin, not in part, but the WHOLE
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more
Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, oh my soul!"
(Hymn: It Is Well with My Soul)

"He made Him who knew NO sin to be sin FOR US, that in Him we might become the righteousness of God!" 2 Corinthians 5:21

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were STILL SINNERS Christ died for us!" Romans 5:8

"And can it be that I should gain
an interest in the Savior's blood?
Died he for me--who caused his pain
for me who Him to death pursued.
Amazing love--how can it be?
That Thou my God should die for me?"
(And Can It Be--Charles Wesley)


"He himself bore our sins in His body on the tree that we might die to sin and live for righteousness. By His wounds we are healed" 1 Peter 2:24

"That if you confess with your mouth, JESUS IS LORD, and believe in your heart, God raised Him from the dead--you will be saved." Romans 10:9


"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him will not perish but will have eternal life." John 3:16

No comments: