Monday, December 31, 2007

From Delaware to South Carolina and back to the Ville :)

What an interesting and incredible 2 weeks! I flew back to Delaware from Louisville on the 22nd, and after missing all of my connecting flights, I finally made it back late on Saturday night. I was so excited and blessed to be back at OBC on Sunday morning to worship with my Delaware Church Family! I especially enjoyed the Christmas Eve Service at OBC, and having my mom and Murray there made it even more special! I also had the privilege of creating a masterpiece gingerbread house with Miss Olivia Thompson on Christmas day, and enjoyed hanging out with so many different family and friends while I was in Delaware. I was sad to have missed a few people (klumbach's---if you're reading this I need your cell phone numbers--I never got them after the infamous cell phone incident of '07!) At any rate, I can't wait to come back to visit soon! I left on Friday and drove down to South Carolina (just south of Charlotte, NC) to visit my brother, sister-in-law and my niece and nephew. We celebrated Christmas with them, and played many fun games over the weekend (Wii, Scrabble, Cranium, Phase 10, etc). We had lots of fun, and I just happen to be the Scrabble champion of the family...I won't comment on the other games...

Here are just a few pictures of the past two weeks!
Jacob got baptized on the 23rd! This isn't the best picture, but I'm so excited for him, and wanted to commemorate the occasion on the blog! (thanks to Pastor Curtis and the OBC crew for postponing the baptism until Kristen and I could witness it in person!)

Sara, Kristen, Me, Lexi and Erin at Longwood Gardens. So pretty!

Me and My sister Adrienne with our matching t-shirts from mom: "My sister is the best sister in the whole universe" Thanks mom!


This is the Christmas pottery we use every year. A local artist in Delaware created this pottery, and my uncle used to buy us a new piece every year for Christmas. What fun!



While in South Carolina, we got to demolish the gingerbread house my brother and the kids made! Gingerbread houses are a Hinkson family tradition, and it was so much fun to get to be a part of a gingerbread house party again with the fam!




All in all, a great trip home! I can't wait to come back and visit soon!

No comments: